Friday, August 29, 2008

Max the Drugdealer


So I get a call from our school's principal this morning. Max had been caught distributing unknown substances on the playground. What the ? They describe the pills to me - soft, yellow capsules - my fish oil supplements! I had thrown them away & he had found them in the trash & being the 8-year-old that he is, thought they were cool because they had squishy stuff inside them, so he puts a few in his pocket. Then he's at recess & pulls them out to show his friends & of course they all want one, because they want to pop them or smoosh them.

The school took this VERY SERIOUSLY. I had to go pick him up at the principal's office & take him home. They wrote up a disciplinary action form & they could have marked it as a drug offense, which would mean expelled for a week & mandatory drug counseling!!!

He was all teary-eyed when I came to get him. They had made a pretty big deal about it, and I'm kind of glad they did. It made a big impression on him and the kids he gave them to. He won't be doing that again, & chances are, one day these kids will be offered something at school , from their friends, that's not a vitamin!

3 comments:

Banks Family said...

You are quite the photographer!!Brian just bought me a Canon Rebel for my birthday, I don't know how to use it yet but I can turn it on and shoot. I need to have you teach me a few tricks. I hope Max is doing Ok, I'm sure that was so scary for him.

Noelle said...

Ok, that is pretty funny, because H would probably do something like that too. Did he think that "FISH OIL" might just stink when he popped them. Now that would have been funny! This is one to look back and laugh at! Way to handle it Nicole.

AnnaJo said...

Okay,Nicole- Jane came home and said that Max got suspended from school for drugs. She added that it was fish oil. I didn't know what she was talking about. I was going to call you and got distracted. That is a pretty funny story. Every kid should be scared like that so they will never be tempted when they are older. What a riot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...